Thursday, July 5, 2012

WHAT THEY DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT ABORTION AND HOW GOD CHANGED MY LIFE by Diane Meyer


Very interesting and touching story, I must say. He is a God of not just a second chance, but a God of many chances. Please read on.....

The following nine minute testimony was shared in the services of Good Shepherd Community Church January 18 & 19, 1997. Diane shared this in the middle of a message on unborn children given by Randy Alcorn.
When I was 17, I found myself apart from my family, involved in an unhealthy relationship with a man and pregnant—which was something I didn’t want to think about or deal with.
Eventually, though, I did go down to Lovejoy abortion clinic in Portland to make an appointment to have an abortion. I made this decision because I had no desire to be a mother, and quite honestly, because I was terrified of going through the pain of labor. I just didn’t think of it as being wrong.
When I was examined I was found to be 24 weeks, or six months, pregnant. But I was assured that although I couldn’t have a simple clinical abortion, I could still have one done at a nearby hospital. I agreed. I would have done anything to not be pregnant, and I showed up at the hospital on the scheduled day.
ProLife Answers to ProChoice ArgumentsI was placed, along with about a dozen other young girls, in a large basement ward which was lined with cots. There, we received a saline injection in our abdomens which was designed to kill our unborn babies and expel their tiny bodies.

Continue reading here

No comments: