Tuesday, July 3, 2012

SELF ENDORSEMENT

Recently I watched a funny episode of Jerry Springer's show. A lady was actually sleeping with her cousin's boyfriend because he is the only who has ever made her feel beautiful. I watched on with pity as the girl broke into tears saying "I slept with him because he is the only one who has ever told me I'm beautiful". "As a matter of fact, I love him. No one has ever made me feel beautiful and wanted". Annoyingly enough, when the guy in question was interviewed and asked why he did something like that, he said " I slept with her out of pity. I dont love her. She was all over me because I told her she's beautiful".

I know quite a lot of people who have had to deal with the issue of self esteem, Self confidence or self endorsement like I put it. I wrote a nite sometime ago on facebook and I will love to share it again on this blog and trust God that someone will break free from all form os self pity and self destruction.

I was sharing some few things with my pastor's wife some time ago and in the course of our discussion, she made a statement that has ever since played and replayed time and time again in my head. This statement she made, I beleive is the foundation of anything and everything, good or bad. I pray that as I share this small piece with you, someone will be blessed and will dare to rise again.

She said....."Apart from the fact that I got endorsement from my family and friends, even I endorsed MYSELF". The statement stuck!!!! She got endorsement from everyone around her, but she went ahead to ABOVE ALL, OVER ALL, MOST IMPORTANTLY, endorse herself.

Endorsement simply means approval, support, a qualifyiing comment or a signature that validates something. So, Self Endorsement means Self approval, Self support, Self signature.

Some people always wait for people to tell them "woohoo, you've done excellently" or "u are simply the best".So many people live their lives based on what others think about them and when you dont hear what you expect, you lock yourself up, drag yourself in the mud, feel less of yourself, cry endlessly.....It sounds untrue but so many people go as far as being suicidal when they dont get "approval" especially from those they expect it from. It hurts. It's depressing. It's hard. It's awful. It's destructive. Even God does not approve of it. He has given you all it takes to be the best you can be. He beleives in you. He has loved you. He has shed His own precious blood for you! He has called you precious. He has called you the apple of His eyes! He has said that your walls are ever before Him!

I stand to tell you today, by the mercies of God, authoritatively, that the 2 people you need to endorse you is GOD and YOU.

No other person should have control over how you feel, or what you believe about yourself. We live in a world where inferiority complex has driven many into their early graves. You want to "feel among". You want to "feel big". You want to be all that Mr A, B, C and D think you should be. Today they want you to be tall and you want to be tall. The next day, some other person says you'd be finer with bigger boobs and you wanna enlarge your breast. The next person wants you to be figure 8 and that becomes your next assignment. At the end of the day, you do not even get your self -satisfaction because you have only succeeded in being ALL that PEOPLE would have you be.

To round off this note, I am encouraging somebody.....The first three steps to self endorsement are.....

1. BELEIVE IN YOURSELF
2. BELEIVE IN YOURSELF
3. BELEIVE IN YOURSELF

Do not let anyone decide your life. EDORSE YOURSELF!!!! APPROVE OF YOURSELF!!!!BELEIVE IN YOURSELF!!!

The beauty of self endprsement is that on the long run, you feel good, fulfilled, satisfied and happy. people will then begin to see that thing about you that just makes you "BRAG" about you.

Finally, do not forget that "Nobody truly has your interest at heart other than God. I'd rather be all that He wants me to be than any of what anyone expects me to be"

Till I write you again, Keep ENDORSING YOURSELVES!!!!

'Motara

No comments: