Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Gifts!!!

Long time no see...It was quite a very long weekend for me full of various activities for me, the peak of which was my friends'wedding. My friend that I introduced to my other friend got married and that leaves me a happy fulfilled woman.I might just look into taking up the matchmaking "ministry""...yelz ooo. Anyway, that's by the way.

My birthday is on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to getting as much gifts as possible from you, you and yes, you too!!!! I want to imagine a scenario where I'm asked to name my every need or asked to request specific gifts.....I have sooooo many needs, so much that even if given a blank cheque by yarauda or Bill Gates, some of the needs will still linger. I'm not greedy...neither am I a glutton! I'm only human.

No human can give another human a "perfect gift" because even that other human is limited in his own capacity of meeting his own needs. Yorubas say, 'eni ti a da aso ro eniyan, torun re la'nwo.' We as humans all have where the shoe pinches us the most; moreover, you can't give what you don't have.

This is where I'm going to.... the book of James 1:17 says "every good and perfect gift cometh down from above....my action words here are....EVERY and ABOVE.As much as I look forward to several gifts from friends and families (and I mean it), I know the one and only address to where I can get every good and perfect gifts. I also know the giver..."He's the Father of Lights in whom there is no variableness". He's the only one I look up to this season....He's the only one who can give me a blank cheque and I go back to bed to sleep!!! The only thing that qualifies Him to be the giver of all gifts is because He is the source of all things. With Him by my side....i'm assured of a safe ride....I'm assured of a lack-free new year ahead of me...Aren't I lucky and blessed!!!!

Join me as I thank God for a new year on wednesday...and as I look up to my Father above for the perfect gifts, U my dear friends, please send in your gifts to me...via SMS, FB, Bank accounts, and above all, prayers.Nothing is too small...A cha-cha car, A plot of land (or 2 plots or more), a change of wardrobe, an all ecpense paid trip to Iraq and Dubai. Thanks a lot in advance people....love u all and c ya l8r

1 comment:

Sharon S said...

...And the Lord shall grant you the desires of your heart in Jesus name....I don't know about the trip to Iraq sha...LOL!

Happy Belated Birthday!