Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My plans Vs His will (DIVINE INTERCEPTION)

It feels so good writing again after many months. I have no excuses for being absent for so long but the good news is, I am back for good by His mercies.

So, tonight I was reminiscing on how my journey has been and also how faithful God has been. I then remembered how He intercepted my plans and gave me His will and I thought to share. The goal of this write-up is to encourage us all to pray "His will" and not "My plan" at all times. Also, to encourage us to press on.

About 6 years ago, (2008 precisely), I almost got a job with a bank. I was actually already working in a big time telecoms company as a Data Support Engineer, but at that time,working in a bank was like the in-thing. Almost all of my friends worked in a bank. I wanted to earn all "those money" that my mates were earning. I wanted to be a "corporately suited Island or Ikoyi based " girl.

Anyway, I went for the tests, passed all of the tests,passed my first interview, went in for my medicals and all. I was actually 98% sure of my employment into this big flourishing bank. The HR personnel already marked me for training and all, but I just had to meet one more person. That one more person was supposed to be my future boss I guess. So I went in early this morning (can't remember which day precisely). Got there before 7am. I was in my best form, wearing my best smile. I already "almost" waved my Telecoms job goodbye. I was so sure!! Oh, yes I was!!!

Then, I walked in to meet the man. He definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. He wouldn't even let me answer whatever question he asked. He was asking me "off key" questions. By that, I mean, really irrelevant questions. In less than 5 mins he was done with me. I thought it was a joke. Then, he reffered me back to HR and I was told he didn't want me. It happened to be one of the worst days of my life!!! What went wrong? I called my contact in the bank and she couldn't believe what happened herself. I never for once thought  God had a hand in it. I thought it was the devil, an enemy or some kind of punishment for what I might have done in the past. I sadly went back to my Telecoms job. Everyone was like" what happened?", "why did you come back", blah blah.  I was in between "ashamed and frustrated".

Fast forward 6 years after, I am forever grateful to God I never got that job. It would have changed the course of my life. It would have so redirected me to some totally different direction, way off  of God's plans and purpose for my life. It was my plan, but His will was done. I met so many people in the course of the job I wanted to leave. People who God used to place me on the track of destiny. I discovered my self. I discovered so many things I would never have been able to discover if I was working in a bank. One thing has led to many others because of the job God never gave me. God INTERCEPTED my plans and GAVE me HIS will.

My husband once told me, "life does not  happen, God happens", especially for God's children. I believe this because in that situation, life didn't happen, God happened.

I don't know what that thing is that has not worked out for you, why don't you just pray His will. Let Him intercept your plan and give you His will. Trust me, God is NEVER wrong.

As for me, Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,(Phil 3:13))

Move on! Let go!! Let God!!!

Motara


No comments: